Monday, January 11, 2016

Planet Earth Is Blue


The news was quite shocking this morning when I turned on the TV as I was getting ready for work.  David Bowie had passed away from cancer.  For some reason I had always considered him immortal.  He was such an Icon and musical legend.  I thought he would live forever.  In a way I am right, his music, legacy and art will always live on.  In my mind, I can see him looking down on earth from the stars smiling and with his indefatigable spirit thinking "Now I'm on to my next adventure.".  I was unaware he had cancer,  I had read somewhere he had a heart problem and was keeping a low profile.  The cancer battle apparently lasted 18 months.  What a scourge cancer is on our society.  It has taken so many wonderful people.  And now cancer has taken one of the true greats of music away from us.
So many outstanding songs, too many to list here.  He was so innovative.  He reinvented himself over the years spectacularly.  As sad as I am to hear of his passing, I truly believe he should be celebrated for the years of  amazing music he gave us.  I cannot write words that can match the deserved praise he is receiving all over the world.  To me, his greatness can be summed up in that he was the one who set the trends, he made music and art his way and the world followed.  How many people who have lived on this earth can say that?  Very few, very few.  God Bless you Starman, enjoy the other side, we were lucky to be alive while you were on this side.


                                                                     Ashes to Ashes


                                                                            Fame


                                                                   Golden Years


                                                                      Heroes


                                                         I'm Afraid of Americans


                                                                          Changes


                                                                        Space Oddity


                                                                            Starman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------========================================================================++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Can you hear me. Major Tom?

No comments:

Post a Comment