Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Things That Dreams Are Made Of


I normally wake up in the morning in a grumpy mood due to the fact I hate getting up early and having to go to work.  This morning was different.  I actually woke up with a smile on my face and in a good mood.  Here is the reason.  It was a dream I had just before I woke up.

I would say 99.9% of my dreams are bad dreams or nightmares.  (Sometimes I wonder if my life isn't a bad dream but that's another story).  I can't remember the last time I had a pleasant dream.  So this was definitely quite a surprise I tell you.

My dream started on the first day of school in a High School.  I was sitting in a class.  I have no idea what subject of the class was.  The teacher was a lady and sitting at her desk.  The students were all seated at their desks and waiting for the class to begin.  I looked around and didn't see a familiar face in the room.  All of the sudden I got up and went to the front of the room and asked the teacher if I could sing a song.  Now this has to be a dream because in real life I can't sing and I am the ultimate Wallflower so I would never ever do this.  The teacher said it was ok that I sing a song.  So I turned to the class and said "Before class begins I'm going to sing a song for you guys".  No one said anything but I was given some strange looks from the kids in the class.  I heard one kid say "I heard he was weird".  So I confronted him and asked how he knew that since he didn't know me.  He apologized and said that he was sorry.  After that a discussion began about several different topics including sexuality, bullying and the problems between the different groups in a High School.
When the discussion concluded it was time for me to sing.  I sang the song "You Have Killed Me"  by Morrissey and I belted it out of the park.  The class responded with a standing ovation...........Then BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP.......my alarm was going off and it was back to reality.  Instead of being in a bad mood waking up, I was smiling because of the dream I just had.

I have no idea what that dream meant or how to analyze it.  I know I have been listening to "You Have Killed Me" a lot recently.  It has become one of my favorite Morrissey songs.  It was nice to wake up happy instead of miserable for a change.  I sure hope I have a few more of these kind of dreams in the future.  It sure would make getting up more bearable in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment