Sunday, June 23, 2024

Vilma Picapiedra


 I've recently been adopted. It's been said you don't pick a cat; they pick you. I have never had a pet because I am so busy with work, working out and playing sports, I felt I wouldn't have enough time to devote and properly care for a pet. Several months ago, my career criminal neighbor was thrown in jail on several new charges. He is not getting out any time soon. He and his sons had several cats. The boys moved in with his father and I thought arrangements for the cats were taken care of. Apparently not. 

One day after work I got out of my vehicle and this cat was meowing. I recognized her as one of the criminal's cats. She was rubbing up against me, rolling around and being quite friendly. I petted her and she followed me to the door. I went inside and didn't think much of it. I got up for work the next morning and to my surprise, the kitty was outside my door waiting for me.  I felt bad I didn't have anything to give her to eat. I petted her for a few seconds and left. After a typical lugubrious day at work, I got home in a lousy mood and the kitty was there waiting for me. What was I to do? She obviously was homeless and hungry. I went to the store and bought her cat food.

She has been here ever since that day. She is mainly an outside cat. She has a safe nest I made for her; she does come inside occasionally. The kitty has her own personality, and she is her own boss. I named her Vilma Picapiedra because for some unknown reason she reminds me of Wilma Flintstone. She is there waiting for me every day in the driveway after work. Vilma is the only person on earth happy to see me, so there is comfort in that. Since it is summer, we sit out in the backyard together after my tennis or workout and enjoy each other's company for the evening. I don't consider her my pet but a lovely animal who lives here with me.

Our Moz is back and looking to be in good health and spirits. There have been several sightings and photos in the last few months. I think the time away from the limelight has done him good in both body and soul.

Morrissey will be doing 4 shows at the House of Blues in Las Vegas that coincide with the reissue of the 2024 remaster of "Beethoven Was Deaf" album. Exciting times in the world of Moz. He also issued a wonderful statement acknowledging what was going on. It was funny, cheeky and quirky. The Mozza we all know and love. My hopes are all goes well at the shows and more dates are announced for a tour. It's always a grand time when Morrissey is on the road doing what he loves.




No comments:

Post a Comment